WRITE YOUR OWN...

WELCOME to the interactive blog site inspired by and dedicated to the art and imagination of artist, Mark Whitcombe. Here, you can view some of Whitcombe's work, as well as openly explore and take part in his amazing world. Feel free to post a thought, reflection, poem or story about the featured pieces. Be creative. Enjoy!

Sunday

TRAWLER ON THE HARD


Entry: "This connection, you see, between the sea and me,
Is a complex one, I must say
She has left me here so many times, just high and dry,
But then returns to whisk me away
So here I sit, beached and stranded like a whale,
Drying up, my paint blistering in the sun,
And I wonder, 'will she come, will she come...'"

Title: "Trawler on the Hard (Green Hull)," 1996, Cowes, England
Type: oil painting
Source/Collection: Leonardo

No comments:

Post a Comment