WRITE YOUR OWN...

WELCOME to the interactive blog site inspired by and dedicated to the art and imagination of artist, Mark Whitcombe. Here, you can view some of Whitcombe's work, as well as openly explore and take part in his amazing world. Feel free to post a thought, reflection, poem or story about the featured pieces. Be creative. Enjoy!

Thursday

ALONE

Entry: I love how the sea has the ability to truly quiet me down- to put my soul at ease and clear away the confusion of the day.  When alone, sailing along its rippled and foamy surface, I find I am not entirely alone, but also, somehow, in good company.  It's a perfect kind of harmonious solitude that I encounter there, gliding in my dinghy, with the sweet silence of the salty breeze all around.  It's just me, only me, in the comfort and at the mercy of a great, deep entity, more powerful than anything I know.  Alone, I feel clear, calm and alive.
click on image to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment